American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that is engaged in buying and selling: a used-car dealer; a drug dealer.
- n. Games The one who distributes cards.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who deals; one who has to do or has concern with others; specifically, a trader; one whose business is to buy and sell, as a merchant, shopkeeper, or broker: as, a dealer in general merchandise or in stocks; a picture-dealer. In law, a dealer is one who buys and sells the same articles in the same condition: thus, a butcher is not a dealer, because he buys animals whole, and sells them in a different state.
- n. In card-playing, the player who distributes the cards.
- n. In banking games, such as faro, the person who holds the cards which the players bet upon.
- n. One who deals things, especially automobiles; a middleman.
- n. One who peddles illicit drugs, especially to teenagers.
- n. A particular type of stock broker or trader.
- n. The person who deals the cards in a card game.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who deals; one who has to do, or has concern, with others; esp., a trader, a trafficker, a shopkeeper, a broker, or a merchant
- n. One who distributes cards to the players.
- n. a firm engaged in trading
- n. a seller of illicit goods
- n. the major party to a financial transaction at a stock exchange; buys and sells for his own account
- n. the person who distributes the playing cards in a card game
- n. someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold
“Not everyone approved of the designs, however, and Philadelphia coin dealer Samuel H. Chapman was one of the most vigorous in opposition.”
“Fort Worth coin dealer B. Max Mehl, a tireless promoter of the coin hobby throughout the first half of the 20th century, included the sale in his May 1950 Golden Jubilee Sale, featuring the Jerome Kern Collection and other properties.”
“A well-known coin dealer of his time, Haseltine, who was born in Philadelphia on September 6, 1838, served as a captain in the Civil War with the second regiment of the Pennsylvania Cavalry.”
“The Toledo Blade reported that after more than three years of liquidation, the agency is set to recoup more than the $50 million the state agency fronted former Toledo-area rare-coin dealer Tom Noe to manage the venture beginning in 1998.”
“Updated 10/19/2009 – The Township of Montville, New Jersey police department is investigating the October 11, 2009 auto burglary of coin dealer Julian Leidman.”
“Purchased by coin dealer Ed Johnson of Wooster, Ohio from a New York dealer in early 1940.”
“Anthony Swiatek, a former president of the ANA, represented the seller, and a Carson City coin dealer represented the buyer, who contacted me on his own initiative.”
“Charlie is an old school New England coin dealer; one of the last of the “smart and fair” guys (along with Warren Mills from RCNH and a few others) that used to include such now-retired luminaries as Ed Leventhal, Russ Vaughn, Chris Tracey and Jay Miller.”
“Henry Ahlborn was a Boston-area coin dealer who published coin premium lists.”
“Listed as a coin dealer in the 1900 Federal Census, he lived in Malden, Massachusetts.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dealer’.
Options terms you must know in order to be a successful options trader.
abandon, accrued interest, acquisition, adjusted option, affidavit of domi..., all-or-none order..., american deposito..., american stock ex..., american-style op..., arbitrage, ask or offer, assigned and 366 more...
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
words from work
Words and terms about (illicit) drugs and related subcultures.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Feel free to combine these in any way to create your own newspaper. Use lots of hyphens! (And yes, these are all used at real newspapers.)
Looking for tweets for dealer.