from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is engaged in buying and selling: a used-car dealer; a drug dealer.
- n. Games The one who distributes cards.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who deals things, especially automobiles; a middleman.
- n. One who peddles illicit drugs, especially to teenagers.
- n. A particular type of stock broker or trader.
- n. The person who deals the cards in a card game.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who deals; one who has to do, or has concern, with others; esp., a trader, a trafficker, a shopkeeper, a broker, or a merchant
- n. One who distributes cards to the players.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who deals; one who has to do or has concern with others; specifically, a trader; one whose business is to buy and sell, as a merchant, shopkeeper, or broker: as, a dealer in general merchandise or in stocks; a picture-dealer.
- n. In card-playing, the player who distributes the cards.
- n. In banking games, such as faro, the person who holds the cards which the players bet upon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a firm engaged in trading
- n. a seller of illicit goods
- n. the major party to a financial transaction at a stock exchange; buys and sells for his own account
- n. the person who distributes the playing cards in a card game
- n. someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold
Sorry, no etymologies found.