from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who keeps a tally of something
- n. A person who conducts the tally trade
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who keeps the tally, or marks the sticks.
- n. One who keeps a tally shop, or conducts his business as tally trade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In forestry, a man who records or tallies the measurements of logs as they are called by the scaler.
- n. One who keeps a tally or score.
- n. One who keeps a tally-shop, selling goods on short credit, the accounts of which are kept by a system of tallies, without regular book-accounts.
- n. One who sells by sample goods to be delivered afterward, or who takes orders for such goods.
- n. A man who lives with a woman without marriage. See to live tally, under tally, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who sells goods on the installment plan
- n. one who keeps a tally of quantity or weight of goods produced or shipped or received
Sorry, no etymologies found.