American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A person who commits crimes such as extortion, loansharking, bribery, and obstruction of justice in furtherance of illegal business activities.
- v. To carry on illegal business activities that involve crimes.
- n. one who commits crimes (especially fraud, bribery, loansharking, extortion etc.) to aid in running a shady or illegal business.
- n. one who instigates or has involvement with a racket.
- v. to carry out illegal business activities or criminal schemes.
- v. to commit crimes systematically as part of a criminal organization.
- v. carry on illegal business activities involving crime
- n. someone who commits crimes for profit (especially one who obtains money by fraud or extortion)
- From racket + -eer (Wiktionary)
“Time, the great racketeer, is always stealing from us.”
“He was identified as a racketeer in hearings before a U.S.”
“Webster's definition of 'racketeer': "one who obtains money by an illegal enterprise usually involving intimidation”
“Three Azerbaijani wrestlers win silvers at European Championship - UPDATE Azerbaijan Press Council announces seven newspapers "racketeer”
“Azerbaijan Press Council announces seven newspapers "racketeer”
“Measured moves by feared waterfront racketeer Tino Fiumara to reassert his control over the New Jersey docks came to a sudden and decisive end last week.”
“In a secret FBI memo, Genovese soldier George Barone, a waterfront racketeer for decades, gave Fiumara the ultimate gangster compliment.”
“As a young lawyer, in 1991, he visited the convicted racketeer in prison, at the request of a relative, he told the Times.”
“Measured moves by feared waterfront racketeer Tino Fiumara to reassert his control over the New Jersey docks and move toward the top of the powerful Genovese crime family - as well as the feds 'efforts to derail him - came to a sudden and decisive end last week.”
“In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘racketeer’.
words for those who commit particular crimes: i.e., bank robber, arsonist, etc.
List of words referent to persons who commit specific crimes, or are suspected of committing those crimes, beginning with arsonist and safecracker.
Check out reesetee's nice Bad Guys l...
Hungary in the English-speaking press 2010-2013. Topical words and expressions.
collectivised pri..., controversial pac..., exclusion of unma..., forced labor, forced path of li..., former governor o..., frustrations born..., gay-hater, generous governme..., genuine economic ..., go public with Je..., golden generation and 538 more...
—> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> —> LOOK OVER THERE! —> —> —>
An assortment of ruffians, villains and scamps.
(who are remarkably endearing for all they are bad seeds...)
Words associated with grifting and other fraud. Watch your wallet!
Looking for tweets for racketeer.