from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Australian A person given to comical or outlandish behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A brash and impertinent, possibly violent, troublemaker, especially a youth; a hooligan.
- n. A high-spirited person who playfully rebels against authority and conventional norms.
- adj. Exhibiting the characteristics or behaviour of a larrikin; playfully rebellious against and contemptuous of authority and convention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rowdy street loafer; a rowdyish or noisy ill-bred fellow; a hoodlum; -- variously applied, as to a street blackguard, a street Arab, a youth given to horse-play, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rollicking; disorderly; rowdy.
- n. A rowdy; a rough; a blackguard; a “hoodlum.”
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Unclear. Suggested are: (Wiktionary)