from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or consisting of strophes.
- adj. Music Having the same melody used for each strophe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Using or containing strophes.
- adj. Of a song, composed so that every stanza is set to the same music.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, containing, or consisting of, strophes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a strophe or strophes; constituting strophes; consisting of strophes: as, strophic composition; strophic poems.
- In music, of a song or a piece in song form, having a similar treatment for successive stanzas. See cyclical form.
Sorry, no etymologies found.