American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A writer of pamphlets or other short works taking a partisan stand on an issue.
- v. To write and publish pamphlets.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A writer of pamphlets: sometimes used in contempt. Political pamphleteers were formerly common in England, especially about the beginning of the eighteenth century, and in France particularly at the time of the revolution.
- To write and issue pamphlets.
- n. a writer or publisher of pamphlets, a second-rate journalist
- v. intransitive To publish and distribute pamphlets as a form of propaganda.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A writer of pamphlets; a scribbler.
- v. To write or publish pamphlets.
- n. a writer of pamphlets (usually taking a partisan stand on public issues)
- From pamphlet + -eer (Wiktionary)
“Or you can take the approach of an old fashioned pamphleteer, which is what blogging has mainly been up to now.”
“Voltairean spirit had in the Press of the Left a representative who was very formidable to religious ideas namely the pamphleteer”
“He was by calling a pamphleteer, and seems not to have been aware that the sharpness of style and of temper which may be tolerated in a pamphlet is inexcusable in a state paper.”
“- Capitol Hill Switchboard: (202) 224-3121 JOIN THE EDUCATIONAL REVOLUTION: www. trueworldhistory.info www. jbs.org www. campaignforliberty.com www. dailypaul.com Fellow Patriot and modern day "pamphleteer", Robpatozz THIS IS NO JOKE THE MESSAGE OF FREEDOM MUST GO VIRAL!!!!”
“THE EDUCATIONAL REVOLUTION: www. trueworldhistory.info www. jbs.org www. campaignforliberty.com www. dailypaul.com Fellow Patriot and modern day "pamphleteer", Robpatozz THIS IS NO JOKE THE”
“(_Defoe wrote an enormous number of pamphlets; for great part of his life he might almost have been described as a pamphleteer pure and simple.”
“Patriot and modern day "pamphleteer", Robpatozz THIS IS NO JOKE THE MESSAGE OF FREEDOM MUST GO”
“London pamphleteer John Huske called the articles of capitulation “the most infamous a British subject ever put his hand to.””
“Rex Lee, one of President Reagan's solicitors general, famously declared when being pressured by administration officials to adopt a more political stance in the 1980s, "I'm the solicitor general, not the pamphleteer general.”
“He was a polemicist rather than an analyst or political thinker – his headmaster at the Leys School in Cambridge presciently forecast a future as a pamphleteer – and, like all the best polemicists, brought to his work outstanding skills of reporting and observation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pamphleteer’.
Looking for tweets for pamphleteer.