from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who scribbles, especially an author regarded as very minor, untalented, or disreputable: a scribbler of sentimental verse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who scribbles; a hasty or untalented writer or artist.
- n. A machine for coarse carding or teasing of wool.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who scribbles; a petty author; a writer of no reputation; a literary hack.
- n. A scribbling machine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who scribbles or writes carelessly, loosely, or badly; hence, a petty author; a writer of no reputation.
- n. A machine used for scribbling cotton or woolen fiber.
- n. A person who tends such a machine and is said to scribble the fiber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a writer whose handwriting is careless and hard to read
- n. informal terms for journalists
scribble + -er (Wiktionary)