from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes written copies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who makes written copies of manuscripts; a scrivener or scribe
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A copier; a transcriber; an imitator; a plagiarist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A copier; a transcriber; an imitator; specifically, one whose occupation is to transcribe documents or other manuscripts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone employed to make written copies of documents and manuscripts
copy + -ist (Wiktionary)