from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who mocks
- n. a mocking bird
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, mocks; a scorner; a scoffer; a derider.
- n. A deceiver; an impostor.
- n. A mocking bird.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which mocks, as by mimicry, derision, or deceit.
- n. A mocking-bird; one of the Miminæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who jeers or mocks or treats something with contempt or calls out in derision
- n. long-tailed grey-and-white songbird of the southern United States able to mimic songs of other birds
Sorry, no etymologies found.