from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The small particles of wood or other material that fall from an object being sawed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Collective name for the fine particles (dust) of wood created by sawing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Dust or small fragments of wood (or of stone, etc.) made by the cutting of a saw.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Dust or small fragments of wood, stone, or other material, but particularly of wood, produced by the attrition of a saw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine particles of wood made by sawing wood
saw + dust (Wiktionary)