from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. All that is left after other parts have been taken away, used up, or destroyed.
- n.pl. A corpse.
- n.pl. The unpublished writings of a deceased author.
- n.pl. Ancient ruins or fossils.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. What is left after a person (or any organism) dies; a corpse.
- n. Historical or archaeological relics.
- n. The extant writings of a deceased person.
- n. All that is left of the stock of some things; remnants.
- n. Plural form of remain.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of remain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any object that is left unused or still extant
- n. the dead body of a human being
Sorry, no etymologies found.