from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dead body, especially the dead body of a human.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a dead body
- v. to lose control during a performance and laugh uncontrollably
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A human body in general, whether living or dead; -- sometimes contemptuously.
- n. The dead body of a human being; -- used also Fig.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make a corpse of; murder.
- To ‘put out’ or confuse (an actor) in speaking his lines or to spoil (his ‘business’) by some blunder or mistake.
- n. A living body; the physical frame of an animal, especially of a human being.
- n. A dead body, especially, and usually, of a human being: originally with the epithet dead expressed or implied in the context.
- n. Eccles., the land with which a prebend or other ecclesiastical office in England is endowed.
- n. Synonyms Remains, corse (poetic).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the dead body of a human being
The term corpse-run does sounds like a penalty while, IMO, item-recovery sounds a gameplay that is an added dimesion of a particular MMORPG.
All the Windwracked Stars started with Muire finding a corpse is an alley, which is now the start of chapter two, while chapter one is a different time and place alltogether -- well, you'll see soon enough.
That was a dead man sprawling there -- what you call a corpse, a bleeding carcass.
I'm not sure I can make a connection between dragging a corpse, any corpse (and I think you'll find that "corpse" is fairly universally accepted as the body of a human, with "carcass" referring to the body of an animal) and tossing a fish.
In captivity, the newborn's corpse is taken away from the mother.
She is a beautiful maiden seen from one side and a rotten corpse from the other, may we all get to face the good side of Her Face.
PS - I don't know what "Exquisite corpse" is and refuse to take time to even Google it.
Mainstream media: killing the past p2pnet news view Freedom | P2P: - Because everyone with an online account has the potential to become his or her own news and information procurer and disseminator, “the corporate press corpse is panicking, trying to figure out a way to stay relevant,” I said in a post on Saturday.
A story about a determined boy (an abacus champion, of all things, and thalidomide baby) given new hands from a corpse is similarly full of contradictory points.
Fresh from blissing out in corpse pose, I blurted, It's August.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.