from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is engaged in or experienced in battle.
- n. One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict: neighborhood warriors fighting against developers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is actively engaged in battle, conflict or warfare; a soldier or combatant.
- n. A person who is aggressively, courageously, or energetically involved in an activity, such as athletics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man engaged or experienced in war, or in the military life; a soldier; a champion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A soldier; a man engaged in warfare; specifically, one devoted to a military life; in an especially honorable sense, a brave or veteran soldier.
- n. A humming-bird of the genus Oxypogon. Also called helmet-crest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone engaged in or experienced in warfare
Middle English werreour, from Old North French werreieur, from werreier, to make war, from werre, war; see war.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)