American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who is engaged in or experienced in battle.
- n. One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict: neighborhood warriors fighting against developers.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A soldier; a man engaged in warfare; specifically, one devoted to a military life; in an especially honorable sense, a brave or veteran soldier.
- n. A humming-bird of the genus Oxypogon. Also called helmet-crest.
- n. A person who is actively engaged in battle, conflict or warfare; a soldier or combatant.
- n. figuratively A person who is aggressively, courageously, or energetically involved in an activity, such as athletics.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A man engaged or experienced in war, or in the military life; a soldier; a champion.
- n. someone engaged in or experienced in warfare
- Middle English werreour, from Old North French werreieur, from werreier, to make war, from werre, war; see war. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“III. iv.151 (463,2) (unhandsome warrior as I am)] [W: wrangler] _Unhandsome warrior_, is evidently _unfair assailant_.”
“There is no higher honor bestowed to an Israeli than the term "warrior.”
“The word warrior makes it sound like this would be a scary pose, but it is actually a pose about harmony., poise, power, trust, and balance.”
“(Limited) begins, the title warrior sits facing the corner in a schoolroom cluttered with toys.”
“Oriental spear had, and still has, a spike at the lower extremity, intended for the purpose of sticking the spear into the ground when the warrior is at rest.”
“In every society in history, the warrior is glorified," said phony-hero debunker B.G. "Jug" Burkett of Plano, Texas.”
“This book has all of them and an explanation for why the red-headed female warrior is wearing such revealing and decidedly unprotective armour.”
“When a would-be warrior is given the task of ghostbusting, he comes to suspect the vengeful wraiths are more than they appear — prompting a moral and romantic crisis that plays out in a ritual manner inspired by Noh theater.”
“Are your thought processes so simplistic as to think the definition of a warrior is merely someone who fights in a war?”
“I was right; your thought processes are so simplistic as to think the definition of a warrior is merely someone who fights in a war.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘warrior’.
Masculine archetypes and stereotypes, glorifications and vilifications.
This is in line with Femmesque, though narrower in its aim. I want simply the loaded nouns that denote a man's...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
In honor of terrific and terrible summer blockbusters.
Adjectives that describe what I may or may not be or whom to some I might appear to be...
Many words, all kinds.
Looking for tweets for warrior.