from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soldier, especially a medieval cavalryman supplied with heavy arms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A medieval heavily armed mounted member of the cavalry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a designation of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries for a soldier fully armed.
- n. A heavily armed and sometimes mounted soldier in medieval times.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A soldier, especially in the middle ages, fully armed and equipped; a heavy-armed soldier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a heavily armed and mounted soldier in medieval times
Sorry, no etymologies found.