from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the Bible, a giant Philistine warrior who was slain by David with a stone and sling.
- n. A person or thing of colossal power or achievement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A giant famous for his battle with David.
- proper n. Any large person or thing; someone or something that is abnormally large or powerful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as goliath-beetle.
- n. In ornithology, the giant heron, Ardea goliath, of Africa.
- n. In mech., a form of crane of exceptional power.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone or something that is abnormally large and powerful
- n. (Old Testament) a giant Philistine warrior who was slain by David with a slingshot
After Goliath.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)