from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A giant hunter, pursuer of the Pleiades and lover of Eos, killed by Artemis.
- n. A constellation in the celestial equator near Gemini and Taurus, containing the stars Betelgeuse and Rigel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A giant-hunter, pursuer of the Pleiades and lover of Eos, and killed by Artemis.
- proper n. A constellation on the celestial equator close to Gemini and Taurus, containing the stars Betelgeuse and Rigel.
- proper n. A male given name of modern usage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large and bright constellation on the equator, between the stars Aldebaran and Sirius. It contains a remarkable nebula visible to the naked eye.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A constellation situated in the southern hemisphere with respect to the ecliptic, but the equinoctial crosses it nearly in the middle.
- n. In entomology, a genus of cerambycid beetles, with two South American species, founded by Guérin in 1843.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a constellation on the equator to the east of Taurus; contains Betelgeuse and Rigel
- n. (Greek mythology) a giant Boeotian hunter who pursued the Pleiades and was eventually slain by Artemis; was then placed in the sky as a constellation
And then another child goes missing Also By Laura Lippman Baltimore Blues Charm City Butchers Hill In Big Trouble The Sugar House In a Strange City The Last Place Every Secret Thing ORION First published in Great Britain in 2003 by Orion, an imprint of the Orion Publishing Group Ltd.
Take for example Orion from the Fourth World series.
Draw an oval around the Sun running to about the n in Orion, and that is the CCW.
CONAN: Terry Tempest Williams 'piece appears in Orion magazine.
Last month, the company said it will build a compact Buick, called the Verano, at a factory in Orion, Mich.
GM will assemble the new Buick Verano at a factory in Orion, Mich., where GM also will make the Chevrolet Aveo subcompact car, this person said.
Sandra Steingraber, in Orion Magazine, calls the rise of hydrofracking "the environmental issue of our time."
If Ares I/Orion is the path that gets us there, well, so be it.
Eliminating Shuttle will eliminate capability for missions such as the recent Hubble mission, but Dr. David S. Leckrone's perspective on Orion is distorted by his incorrect assumption that it is only designed to support ISS.
Orion is too large and too massive to meet requirements for affordability and supportability.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.