American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A Native Hawaiian.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Hawaiian Islands, the state of Hawaii, or Hawaii Island.
- n. The Polynesian language of Hawaii.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the island or kingdom of Hawaii or the Sandwich Islands, a group of islands in the North Pacific about 2,100 miles west-southwest of San Francisco.
- n. A native or citizen of Hawaii.
- n. The language of Hawaii.
- adj. of a person Descended from the peoples inhabiting the Hawaiian islands prior to European contact.
- adj. Of or having to do with the Hawaiian race, culture, or language.
- adj. Of or having to do with the culture of the US state of Hawaii.
- adj. Of or having to do with a resident of the US state of Hawaii.
- n. A descendant of the peoples inhabiting the Hawaiian Islands prior to European contact.
- n. A resident of the US state of Hawaii.
- n. A pizza topped with ham and pineapple.
- n. The Hawaiian language.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Belonging to Hawaii or the Sandwich Islands, or to the people of Hawaii.
- n. the Oceanic languages spoken on Hawaii
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the state or island of Hawaii or to the people or culture or language
- n. a native or resident of Hawaii
- Hawaii + -an (Wiktionary)
“HAWAIIAN TREE-SHELLS (ACHATINELLA)] _Kahuli_ is a fanciful name applied to the beautiful and unique genus of tree-shells (Achatinella), plate XII, that inhabit the Hawaiian woods.”
“Based on childhood memories of the feelings and flavors of Hawaii, Roy invented what he refers to as Hawaiian Fusion© Cuisine - a tempting combination of exotic flavors and spices mixed with the freshest of local ingredients, always with an emphasis on seafood.”
“I think the biggest effect those ads will have is all the headlines in Hawaiian papers saying “Mainland Group Ad Against Djou False””
“And that proposition has been proven by pretty much any reasonable standard (the state issued document alone is good enough for a court of law, contemporary birth notices in Hawaiian newspapers corroborate the state document, the statements of Hawaii officials corroborate the state document, etc. etc.).”
“It took almost 10 years from the first photograph of an undescribed species of Grammonus in Hawaiian waters before an actual specimen could be placed in a museum collection and described.”
“What do you want?" demanded, in Hawaiian, with a brusqueness and sternness they knew were put on.”
“HONOLULU (AP) The newest plane in Hawaiian Airlines 'fleet has arrived in Honolulu.”
“The Flyin 'Hawaiian raised his arm in the air as he circled the bases with his father watching in the stands.”
“The Flyin 'Hawaiian slapped his hands after rounding first and the fans went wild.”
“It was an expression of Hawaiian hospitality, not of favoritism or affection.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Hawaiian’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
All (aii) manner of Hawaiian! Who asks how, why and?
Hawaiian, hawaiian honeycre..., hawaiian shirt, hawaiian skirt, hawaiian goose, Blue Hawaii, Hawaiian hoary bat, hawaiian snow, humuhumunukunukua..., liliuokalani, drepanididae, pahoehoe and 10 more...
Looking for tweets for Hawaiian.