from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the Himalayas.
- adj. huge, gigantic, enormously large
- n. An inhabitant of the Himalayas.
- n. A domestic cat breed similar to (and, in some places, considered a variety of) the Persian breed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Himalayas, the great mountain chain in Asia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or belonging to the Himalayas, a mountain-chain on the borders of British India and Tibet, and extending through Cashmere, Nepâl, etc. It contains the highest known summits in the world.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the Himalayas
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Much is devoted in Himalayan Dhaba to birth, but beyond that, little is seen of parents and children interacting with each other.
Aris, joins him in Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan, where he tutors royal family and heads Translation Department.
He also pointed out the curious fact that all the drainage from Mount Everest, north, south, east and west, eventually finds its way south, that from the north and east passing through the main Himalayan chain, to the Ganges river, and so to the Bay of Bengal, even though the Brahmaputra river is only about 100 miles to the north.
Krisanne Johnson for The Wall Street Journal The home's bathroom is paneled in Himalayan silk marble.
Fortunately there's a new natural remedy that requires the natural demise of another species called Yarsagumbu, aka Himalayan Viagra.
This is one of the conclusions of the think tank Strategic Foresight Group in its to-be-launched study titled The Himalayan Challenge, Water Security in Emerging Asia.
These subtropical forests were then defined as the Himalayan Subtropical Broadleaf Forests.
The hillmen call the Himalayan species the _Ban Bakra_, which means the jungle goat.
Between 10,000 and 6000 feet are woods of the beautiful and charming conifer called the Himalayan cedar, which is allied to the cedar of Lebanon.
The _C. humilis_ is known as the Himalayan crocus.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.