from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the Alps, a mountain range in Western Europe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Alps, or to any lofty mountain
- adj. Like the Alps; lofty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or connected with the Alps (then written with a capital), or any lofty mountain; very high; elevated.
- n. A French fabric having a silk warp and merino-wool filling.
- [capitalized] In anthropology, noting the type of the European race which inhabits the Alps and the regions east and west of the Alps: characterized by a broad, short head, broad face with full chin and heavy nose, medium stature, and prevalently grayish eyes and brown hair. Also called Celto-Slavic, Sarmatian, Arvernian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. living or growing above the timber line
- adj. relating to or characteristic of alps
- adj. relating to the Alps and their inhabitants
ALPINE (February 18, 2010) -- The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor men's basketball team used some key defensive plays down the stretch to battle back from a second-half deficit and the Cru posted a 68-65 victory over Sul Ross State Thursday night in Alpine.
ALPINE - An East County woman who was killed, along with an unidentified boy, in a rollover crash on Interstate 8 in Alpine, was identified Saturday.
ALPINE - Investigators are working to determine the cause of death of a 23-year-old man whose body was found on a horse trail in Alpine during the weekend.
ALPINE - Gusty mountain winds have prompted the California Highway Patrol to issue a wind advisory for Interstate 8 between Alpine and Imperial County.
ALPINE: Authorities are investigating a bank robbery yesterday at the US Bank branch in Alpine.
"The Victorian government really needs to make up its mind whether or not it wants to keep the words National Park in the name Alpine National Park," he said.
Or a heavyset, thick-coated wolf, strong enough to carry a cask of brandy, that thrives in Alpine passes and might be named after one of them, the St. Bernard?
We're the second-winningest nation in Alpine snowboarding.
I think Alpine is extremely underated and is a great bow they make higher end models but I realy like mine.
The principle involved in Alpine Village case appears to be hostility to the rights of private property owners, not “civil rights.”
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.