from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area of land that is low in relation to the surrounding country.
- adj. Relating to or characteristic of low, usually level land.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Area which is lower than surrounding areas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Land which is low with respect to the neighboring country; a low or level country; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Land which is low with respect to the neighboring country; a low or level tract of land: most commonly used in the plural.
- Of or pertaining to the Lowlands, or to a low or level country: as, Lowland Scotch; a lowland race; lowland plants or animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of relatively low or level country
- n. low level country
From low + land. (Wiktionary)