from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Land consisting of moors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Open land that has an acidic peaty soil and is mostly covered with heather or bracken
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Land consisting of a moor or moors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tract of waste land; a moor.
- Consisting of moorland; having the properties of a moor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. open land usually with peaty soil covered with heather and bracken and moss
Sorry, no etymologies found.