from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rural region.
- n. The inhabitants of a rural region.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rural landscape.
- n. A rural area, or the rural part of a larger area, as in "the Swedish countryside."
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A particular rural district; a country neighborhood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A section of country; a piece of land; a neighborhood.
- n. The inhabitants or dwellers of a district or section of country; a neighborhood: as, the whole country-side was aroused by the news.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rural regions
country + -side (Wiktionary)