from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with or consisting of scrub or underbrush.
- adj. Straggly or stunted.
- adj. Paltry or shabby; wretched.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with or consisting of scrub.
- adj. Inferior in size or quality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of scrub; small and mean; stunted in growth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of inferior breed or stunted growth; stunted; hence, small; shabby; contemptible; mean: as, a scrubby cur; a scrubby tree.
- Covered with scrub or underwood: as, scrubby land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inferior in size or quality
- adj. sparsely covered with stunted trees or vegetation and underbrush
Sorry, no etymologies found.