from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Growing or spread out in a disorderly or aimless way: straggly ivy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Spread around in a chaotic and disorganized manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Straggling; lone and spread out irregularly: as, a straggly scrawl; a straggly village. [Colloq.]
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. spreading out in different directions
- adj. growing or spreading sparsely or irregularly
Sorry, no etymologies found.