from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or resembling a tree.
- adj. Living in trees; arboreal.
- adj. Having many trees; wooded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Woody (as opposed to herbaceous).
- adj. Wooded, covered with trees.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form, constitution, or habits, of a proper tree, in distinction from a shrub.
- adj. Pertaining to, or growing on, trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or belonging to trees; living on or among trees; frequenting forests; arboraceous.
- Having the form, constitution, and habits of a tree; having more or less the character of a tree; arborescent.
- Abounding in trees; wooded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a tree in form and branching structure
- adj. inhabiting or frequenting trees
- adj. abounding in trees
Latin arbor meaning tree (Wiktionary)