from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with trees; wooded.
- adj. Made of or framed by timbers, especially exposed timbers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Wooded, having timber on it, forested
- adj. Made from timber, especially large or coarsely finished.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Furnished with timber; -- often compounded.
- adj. Built; formed; contrived.
- adj. Massive, like timber.
- adj. Covered with growth timber; wooden.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Built; framed; shaped; formed; contrived; made.
- Made of or furnished with timber or timbers: as, a well-timbered house; well-timbered land.
- Made like timber; massive, as heavy timber.
- In heraldry, ensigned by a helmet or other head-piece set upon it: said of the escutcheon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. furnished with or made of wood or timbers
- adj. covered with growing timber
Sorry, no etymologies found.