from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having veins or showing veinlike markings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having veins or veinlike markings
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of veins; streaked; variegated.
- adj. Having fibrovascular threads extending throughout the lamina.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of veins; veiny.
- Characterized by or exhibiting venation, as insects' wings; in botany, having veins, as a leaf; traversed by fibrovascular strands or bundles.
- Marked as if with veins; streaked; variegated, as marble.
- Running in the blood; ingrained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or showing markings that resemble veins
Sorry, no etymologies found.