American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having streaks, marks, or patches of a different color or colors; varicolored: "If they recall the Colosseum . . . it is only as a showcase for cats more variegated than any fevered artist's mind could imagine” ( Michael Mewshaw).
- adj. Distinguished or characterized by variety; diversified.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Varied in color; irregularly marked with different colors.
- adj. Streaked, spotted, or otherwise marked with a variety of color; very colorful.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of variegate.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having marks or patches of different colors.
- adj. having a variety of colors
“The postcard just has two colours of fabric on it (plum and purple), separated by eyelash yarn in variegated purple - some other yarn couched down, some charms and another, different colour of eyelash yarn around the outside.”
“Given my tree theme this week, I decided to add some trees, and some lawn/grass in variegated green.”
“I was left to design and execute the lettering in variegated gold and One Shot enamel.”
“And I love it in variegated thread on a black background.”
“His fancy had sketched a pleasing picture of beautiful floating domiciles, moored under the banks of the river, and inhabited by a hundred thousand people in variegated costume; he recalled to memory the stories of the lofty pagodas lifting roof above roof, ... the snug cottages with the picturesque bridges and the comfortable Chinaman under the shade of a willow, with nothing to do but fish, all of which we have been accustomed to read, and pictures of which served to amuse us in our childhood ....”
“There is also a so-called variegated form, but it is not worthy of mention.”
“Vertical plants such as horsetails, rushes and papyrus are a key element in designing such an environment and one of the loveliest - and lesser known - of these moisture-loving verticals is Baumea rubiginosa 'Variegata,' otherwise known as variegated striped rush.”
“They were of the species [Ursus horribilis] common to the upper part of the Missouri, and might well be termed the variegated bear, for they are found occasionally of a black, grizzly, brown, or red color.”
“The editors of Memories of Eden, Mira and Tony Rocca received this moving letter from a Mandaean reader, who recalls the variegated social fabric which the book's author, Violette Shamash, describes.”
“I have non-variegated which is both uglier and more pernicious.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘variegated’.
Words that will hopefully help for the sat.
A selection of words from the epic by Victor Hugo
Princeton Review words
From Barron Wordlist the New Words
Looking for tweets for variegated.