from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Statistics A random variable with a numerical value that is defined on a given sample space.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A measurable quantity capable of taking on a number of values.
- n. A variable, often the set of x values plotted on a graph.
- v. To alter; or vary; to make different.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To alter; to make different; to vary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make different; vary; diversify.
- To alter; vary; change.
- Varied; variegated; diverse.
- n. A single magnitude-determination of a character or quality common to a number of individuals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a variable quantity that is random
Here's the bad news - if you don't know what a multi-variate analysis is, you probably can't do one.
But, yeah, you could get all fancy and run a multi-variate analysis to control for all kinds of factors.
If the r-square of the bi-variate model would have been .8 would you have really been that much more confident that any potential relationship was not actually caused by some unmeasured variable (e.g., average age of population, cost of living, presence of alternative tax programs, presence of racial or ethnic groups known to consume alcohol at higher rates)? sfesler
As such, we have created a multi-variate sensitivity and scenario analysis with a variety of market occurrences exemplified.
These are individuals who have clear in-depth multi-variate thinkingalong withsuperb critical reasoning skills that allow them to discuss the process of their decision making.
I guess that null set can hark to nullstellenseitz (sp?) which is the “set of zeroes”, meaning, the set of vectors or points on which a certain function (usually, a multi-variate polynomial) has value zero. stefan Says:
Multiple regression would be of some help here although safe set would be co-variate with length of service.
CDK atom typing is used for a variate of algorithms, including counting implicit hydrogens, which many other algorithms need to know.
The market for petroleum and its substitutes is enormously multi-variate and complex.
So a standard normal variate has 0.3% change of being more than 3 or less than -3. 9
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.