from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made of or covered with marble: a marbled façade.
- adj. Having a mix of fat and lean: a well-marbled beef roast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Composed of marble; having a marble exterior.
- adj. Having marbling.
- adj. Resembling marble.
- adj. Interlaced with fat.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of marble.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of, or faced with, marble.
- adj. Made to resemble marble; veined or spotted like marble.
- adj. Varied with irregular markings, or witch a confused blending of irregular spots and streaks.
- adj. Having small flecks of fat interspered with the muscle; -- of cuts of meat, especially beef. Such marbling improves the flavor of beef for most people.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having veins and cloudings like variegated marbles.
- In zoology, variegated with different colors, like marble; dappled; clouded.
- Having the lean and fat properly blended: applied by butchers to meat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. patterned with veins or streaks or color resembling marble
Sorry, no etymologies found.