from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked with, characterized by, or occurring in streaks.
- adj. Variable or uneven in character or quality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having streaks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same as streaked, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having streaks; marked with streaks; streaked. It differs from striped in that the lines are not accurately parallel, nor straight and uniform.
- Hence Uneven in quality; variable in character or excellence: as, his poetry is decidedly streaky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked with or as if with stripes or linear discolorations
Sorry, no etymologies found.