from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horse with patchy markings of white and another color. Also called paint.
- adj. Mottled; pied.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horse with a patchy coloration that includes white.
- adj. Pied, mottled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lit., painted; hence, piebald; mottled; pied.
- n. Any pied animal; esp., a pied or “painted” horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piebald animal; specifically, the calico or painted pony of Texas.
- n. A Portuguese gold coin of the eighteenth century, equal to 400 reis.
- n. In the Philippine Islands, a door.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a spotted or calico horse or pony
Spanish, piebald, spotted, from Vulgar Latin *pīnctus, past participle of Latin pingere, to paint.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Spanish pinto ("painted, mottled"). (Wiktionary)