from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horse with patchy markings of white and another color. Also called paint.
- adj. Mottled; pied.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horse with a patchy coloration that includes white.
- adj. Pied, mottled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lit., painted; hence, piebald; mottled; pied.
- n. Any pied animal; esp., a pied or “painted” horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piebald animal; specifically, the calico or painted pony of Texas.
- n. A Portuguese gold coin of the eighteenth century, equal to 400 reis.
- n. In the Philippine Islands, a door.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a spotted or calico horse or pony
I've been eating it on hot dogs, hamburgers and in pinto beans since I was a little boy.
Jack called a pinto, but Russ said it was a calico pony.
The pinto was an example of that from that time period.
It has a higher protein content (23 – 30%) than common beans such as pinto, kidney, and navy, as well as higher levels of oil, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and potassium.
But he was the more astonished in noticing that her mustang was as distinct and peculiar as herself -- a mongrel mare of the extraordinary type known as a "pinto," or "calico" horse, mottled in lavender and pink, Arabian in proportions, and half broken!
Green beans are in the same family as shell beans, such as pinto beans, black beans and kidney beans.
The thing that they need to do is find someone the "pinto" democrats would vote for.6/27/2005 08:20:00 PM|W|P| JaneAZ|W|P|Hey Elizabeth
Besides coal, the most prized raw material in Donetsk these days may be the pinto bean.
A slice of whole-wheat or rye bread contains about 2 grams, a cup of green beans provides 4 grams and a cup of pinto beans contains roughly 15 grams.
Confronted by a suspicious sheriff, the newcomers offer to treat everyone in town to a delicious meal made from a single pellet here a pinto bean, in European versions a stone or nail, provided that they can borrow a pot.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.