from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of mettle; spirited and plucky. See Synonyms at brave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of great mettle; courageous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of spirit; possessing constitutional ardor; fiery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of mettle or spirit; courageous; fiery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. willing to face danger
- adj. having a proud and unbroken spirit
Sorry, no etymologies found.