from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That erupts
- adj. That is accompanied by eruptions
- adj. Produced by eruption
- n. An eruptive rock
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Breaking out or bursting forth.
- adj. Attended with eruption or efflorescence, or producing it.
- adj. Produced by eruption.
- n. An eruptive rock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bursting forth; of the nature of or like an eruption.
- In pathology, attended with a breaking out or eruption; accompanied with an eruption or rash: as, an eruptive fever.
- In geology, produced by eruption: as, eruptive rocks, such as the igneous or volcanic.
- n. In geology, a rock or mineral produced by eruption.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. actively spewing out lava
- adj. producing or characterized by eruptions
- adj. produced by the action of fire or intense heat
Sorry, no etymologies found.