from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to be very nervous and easily excited.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Nervous; anxious; excited or excitable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Strung to a high pitch; spirited; sensitive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Strung to a high pitch; in a state of great tension; high-spirited: having a sensitive or highly organized nervous system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being in a tense state
Sorry, no etymologies found.