from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To upset the balance, stability, or equilibrium of: "By being too good a singer, too hell-bent an actress, and too strong a presence, the star unbalances the proceedings” ( John Simon).
- transitive v. To derange (the mind).
- n. The condition of being unbalanced.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause to be out of balance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To throw out of balance.
- n. Want of balance; derangement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. derange mentally, throw out of mental balance; make insane
- n. a lack of balance or state of disequilibrium
- v. throw out of balance or equilibrium
- n. a state of mental disturbance and disorientation
Sorry, no etymologies found.