American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make (a person) insane.
- v. To cause (a person) to lose intellectual capacity.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Out of one's mind; insane; demented.
- n. A demented person; one affected by loss of mental capacity.
- To bring into a state of dementia; destroy the mind of.
- adj. obsolete insane, demented
- n. An insane person, or one afflicted with dementia
- v. transitive To drive mad; to craze
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. rare To deprive of reason; to make mad.
- adj. rare Demented; dementate.
- Late Latin dēmentāre, from Latin dēmēns, dēment-, senseless : dē-, de- + mēns, mind; see men-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: bothwrong and dement have a fear.”
“February 15, 2008 at 9:33 am i twied to poast anuther linkee to iris dement singin blessed assurance closer to wut i bleeve, akshully but it gets eeted. must be too controbershul.”
“February 16, 2008 at 4:34 am maybee u cud try posting linky again…i iz big iris dement fan”
“He's of the age for it, and people with personality disorders dement too.”
“Personally, I have bladder fortitude and a fear of peeing in mobile places so I'm not really familiar with the dement ions of portable toilets, but being a trained observer I'm pretty sure they might need a bit more space.”
“The best saltpetre, an essential dement of gunpowder, came from India and he had never considered that there might be a shortage in France.”
“Or maybe a dement -" Horror wrenched out of Aleka.”
“Venator had walked the veldt among lions and Cape buffalo, scaled a glacier, shot rapids, disarmed more than one dement gone violent.”
“They hastened theirs'to the dtsgrun-dement of the pack-mules.”
“Here we are not dealing with individuals who tend to dement, who have little or no conception of whether they are in a prison or in a hospital.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dement’.
I found several pages of words in an old notebook. By the looks of it, they were words I learnt some time ago (and subsequently wrote down) from books by Patrick O'Brian and China Mieville, two aut...
Looking for tweets for dement.