from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northern Italy northwest of Venice. Probably founded in the fourth century B.C., it was the site of the Council of Trent (1545-1563), which established the foundations of the Counter Reformation. Population: 112,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A less common form of Trento, the city.
- proper n. A river that rises in Staffordshire and flows to join the Ouse and form the Humber estuary.
- proper n. An English and Scottish topographic surname for someone who lived near any of the rivers of that name.
- proper n. A male given name derived from the surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as trend.
- n. The number thirty; a trental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a river in central England that flows generally northeastward to join with the Ouse River and form the Humber
- n. a city in northern Italy (northwest of Venice) on the River Adige; the site of the Council of Trent
Sorry, no etymologies found.
PETE FLOYD, NEIGHBOR OF MISSISSIPPI SENATOR TRENT LOTT: I mean, Trent got on the news and said, I think there's going to be hell to pay if you all don't do something.
Ultimately, it comes down to an estimate of whether Trent is actually doing more harm or more good to the reich wing.
May 1st, 2010 at 6: 23 pm thanks again Trent & all!
Trent, Clay and Jenna escape the house, but Trent is killed shortly after when he reaches the main road.
Trent is one of those like me that would have went to war and put my life on the line to free the slaves in this country.
Trent is 100% standing up for the black people of this country.
My guess about the frowns, Trent, is that they both realize that the chase by the paps has begun.
Washington took its left tackle of the present and future in Trent Williams, whose athleticism gave him the nod over Okung and fits better with the Redskins 'zone-blocking schemes.
Stoke on Trent is in the Potteries and is a very smoky place.
On a related note: Great White Snark offers Five Suggestions for the Lex-Luthor-Free 8th Season of Smallville, which includes a suggestive video that Trent is sure to love.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.