American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Dissatisfied with existing conditions.
- n. A chronically dissatisfied person.
- n. One who rebels against the established system: "immature malcontents who have long since sold out to conformity” ( John M. Wilson).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dissatisfied; discontented; especially, dissatisfied or discontented with the existing order of things, as with the constitution of society, or the administration of government.
- n. A discontented person; specifically, a discontented subject of government; one who murmurs at the laws and administration, or who manifests his dissatisfaction by overt acts, as in sedition or insurrection.
- adj. dissatisfied with current conditions; discontented
- n. a person who is not satisfied with current conditions; a discontented person
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. discontented; uneasy; dissatisfied; especially, dissatisfied with the government.
- n. One who discontented; especially, a discontented subject of a government; one who expresses his discontent by words or overt acts.
- adj. discontented as toward authority
- n. a person who is discontented or disgusted
- mal- + content (Wiktionary)
“It was joy, my little malcontent is growing up to be a "prop-a hate-a"!”
“JohnDewey: I think you're possibly assuming a bunch of other things about the malcontents that aren't necessarily justified i.e. that their malcontent is a personality trait, rather than a result of situational factors.”
“But to a growing legend of spectators, he's simply becoming known as the malcontent's best friend.”
“BRIAN TODD, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Wolf, if Matthew Hoh was some kind of malcontent or incompetent, this would not be the story that it is.”
“Now, if Matthew Hoh were some kind of malcontent or incompetent, this would not be the news story that it is.”
“Schlachter was quick to dismiss being labeled a "malcontent".”
“Somebody Ended Up Ratting Me Out': Miley's Naughty-Photo Hacker Speaks In a sneak attack befitting the kind of malcontent who would dare despoil Miley Cyrus's e-mail account and posted scandalously skin-baring, kiss-blowing,”
“Mr Starmer's intervention prompted strong criticism from David Green, the director of the think tank Civitas, who said: "The Human Rights Act is so vague that it has opened up opportunities for every kind of malcontent who thinks there might be money or other advantage to be gained from legal confrontation, often encouraged by no-win-no-fee lawyers.”
“Fair Add. you all are getting upset over this ad; however no one voiced this kind of malcontent when sen. mc cain called obama "that one"; which is and always has been seen as a derogatory slant at minorities … … suck it up.”
“In a sneak attack befitting the kind of malcontent who would dare despoil”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘malcontent’.
Building a list for standardized test prep or just for learning some new words! Please add any words that you feel are important for the SAT/GRE/GMAT etc...
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
words for those who commit particular crimes: i.e., bank robber, arsonist, etc.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
unpleasantly; badly; improperly; not
My list of words.
"Words are very..."
The above was the original description for this list. Unfortunately, it doesn't convey much about the list contents.
I'm leaving you to draw your own conclusions abo...
Looking for tweets for malcontent.