from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of mutter.
- n. Something which is muttered
- n. A rumour.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sound made by one who mutters; grumbling; mumbling: as, an angry muttering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech
- n. a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
Sorry, no etymologies found.