from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Thwarted in hope, desire, or expectation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Defeated of expectation or hope; let down.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of disappoint.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Defeated of expectation or hope; balked.
- adj. Unprepared; unequipped.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Baffled; balked; thwarted; frustrated: as, a disappointed man; disappointed hopes.
- Not appointed or prepared; unprepared or ill-prepared.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. disappointingly unsuccessful
Sorry, no etymologies found.