from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Used as an intensive: I hate these blasted flies.
- adj. Slang Drunk or intoxicated.
- adj. Blighted, withered, or shriveled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of blast.
- adj. Which has been subjected to an explosion.
- adj. Accursed; damned.
- adj. Whose branches bear no leaves; leafless.
- adv. Damned; extremely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Blighted; withered.
- adj. Confounded; accursed; detestable.
- adj. Rent open by an explosive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Confounded; execrable; detestable: used as a milder form of imprecation than damned.
- In heraldry, deprived of leaves: said of a tree or a branch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expletives used informally as intensifiers
Sorry, no etymologies found.