from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Used as an intensive: I hate these blasted flies.
- adj. Slang Drunk or intoxicated.
- adj. Blighted, withered, or shriveled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of blast.
- adj. Which has been subjected to an explosion.
- adj. Accursed; damned.
- adj. Whose branches bear no leaves; leafless.
- adv. Damned; extremely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Blighted; withered.
- adj. Confounded; accursed; detestable.
- adj. Rent open by an explosive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Confounded; execrable; detestable: used as a milder form of imprecation than damned.
- In heraldry, deprived of leaves: said of a tree or a branch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expletives used informally as intensifiers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Since we were blasted with snow last night, this means that we're prolly gonna get * blasted* tonight.
His name blasted through her mind, and she recalled that she was here to hunt.
Also, with actual samples in pretty fair bulk in hand, we can determine the origin of meteorites that have also been blasted from the Moon that have landed on the Earth.
We cannot see how deliverance will come or when it will come, but nothing is more certain that every trace of Hitler's footsteps, every stain of his infected, corroding fingers will be sponged and purged and, if need be, blasted from the surface of the earth.
I will then be blasted from the barrels of my favorite shotguns during the upland and waterfowl seasons.
Legal wrangling over the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy continued Monday, as the group suing to end it once again blasted the Obama administration's defense of the policy and another gay rights organization said the ban is indirectly responsible for the recent wave of suicides by gay teenagers.
The second saw his ashes blasted from a cannon, paid for by Johnny Depp, into the canyon behind his ranch.
On Sunday, Williams appeared on "Fox News Sunday" and again blasted NPR for its decision.
Sarah Palin blasted the media Saturday in a tough Facebook post, her attorney delivered a strong warning to news outlets that they should not report any stories that allege the Alaska governor is leaving office because she is under any kind of federal investigation.
Speaking on ABC's "This Week," McCain blasted O'Donnell and expressed deep concern that she was able to capture the Republican nomination.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.