from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inspiring or deserving abhorrence or scorn. See Synonyms at hateful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Stimulating disgust or detestation; offensive; shocking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Worthy of being detested; abominable; extremely hateful; very odious; deserving abhorrence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To be detested; hateful; abominable; execrable; very odious.
- Synonyms Odious, execrable, abhorred, vile. See list under abominable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. offensive to the mind
- adj. unequivocally detestable
Sorry, no etymologies found.