American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Eliciting or deserving hatred.
- adj. Feeling or showing hatred; malevolent.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing hate; exciting intense dislike or aversion; odious.
- Full of hate; feeling hatred; malignant; malevolent.
- Synonyms Detestable, abominable, execrable, loathsome, horrid, foul, repulsive, revolting, abhorrent, repugnant.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Archaic or R. Manifesting hate or hatred; malignant; malevolent.
- adj. Exciting or deserving great dislike, aversion, or disgust; odious.
- adj. characterized by malice
- adj. evoking or deserving hatred
- hate + -ful (Wiktionary)
“Ralph's after all; but, instead of that, the hateful, _hateful_ thing slipped right out of her hand, and went floating down the stream; and at this point Julia's sobs burst forth afresh.”
“DELANEY: The next day, in the wake of the hijackings, Web sites began to fill with anger toward Professor Traschen, and she received a deluge of what she describes as hateful and vile, even frightening phone and e-mail threats.”
“Wishik was disappointed to see what she called hateful media coverage of the situation.”
“They can only succeed by defeating what they described as hateful, stupid, misogynist, and greedy last night.”
“Reaction: The tape was altered in hateful way by these racists.”
“Last year's resolutions are right next to our "No Mercy" stencil a few feet above our head as we type this, where they have been hanging for the last year, and we could not for the life of us tell you what they are (although "be less hateful" is an annual favorite, which is obviously working out for us really well).”
“Becoming merciful rather than hateful is difficult work, and can seem all but impossible for those who have been taught to nurse fantasies of revenge against those who have harmed us.”
“Many humans are wonderful, and many things that humans have done are wonderful, but I have been thinking recently that a lot of misanthropy is, rather than being hateful, is simply a rejection of anthropocentrism. hmm.”
“Watch this blog will have 300 comments with about % 75 being hateful from the left, and it will happen in record time.”
“Calling out Obama supporters on things others have said and done equally as disrespectful/hateful is pointless now because it doesn't change the reality ...”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hateful’.
Looking for tweets for hateful.