from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Striking, or dashing together; fighting; contending; struggling to resist and overcome.
- adj. Being in opposition; contrary; contradictory.
- v. Present participle of conflict.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being in conflict or collision, or in opposition; contending; contradictory; incompatible; contrary; opposing; marked by discord.
- adj. in disagreement; -- of facts or theories.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of opposite or opposing character, tendency, function, interest, etc.; mutually contradictory or incompatible; contrary; also, composed of antagonistic or opposing elements; involving antagonism: as, conflicting jurisdiction; the evidence was very conflicting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. on bad terms
- adj. in disagreement
Sorry, no etymologies found.