Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of opposite or opposing character, tendency, function, interest, etc.; mutually contradictory or incompatible; contrary; also, composed of antagonistic or opposing elements; involving antagonism: as, conflicting jurisdiction; the evidence was very conflicting.
- adj. Striking, or dashing together; fighting; contending; struggling to resist and overcome.
- adj. Being in opposition; contrary; contradictory.
- v. present participle of conflict.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Being in conflict or collision, or in opposition; contending; contradictory; incompatible; contrary; opposing; marked by discord.
- adj. in disagreement; -- of facts or theories.
- adj. on bad terms
- adj. in disagreement
“After getting what he described as conflicting answers, his suspicions were aroused.”
“And then ... well, d'you know, there was nothing to do but sit about, a prey to what they call conflicting emotions.”
“It says it would be inappropriate to rely on what it calls conflicting results by multiple labs, adding "it has an open investigation on the CSI kit and cannot comment on that matter.”
“Clarifying what he called conflicting reports, he said that based on a projected registration of 450000 candidates, waiving the fees would cost the State about R32,5 million at the end of 1993.”
“The officers involved - in conflicting accounts - said they were trying to restrain him when the injuries that took his life occurred.”
“He spends his (actually short) period of indecision stewing in conflicting angers.”
“But Aumann showed that peaceful cooperation can emerge in a repeated game, even when the players have strong short-term conflicting interests.”
“The policiesshould not contain conflicting statements that third-party sharing is not allowed but third-party tracking and affiliate sharing are.”
“When pressed, Thais make something up, resulting in conflicting explanations for the same thing.”
“The characters acted in conflicting and ridiculous ways.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘conflicting’.
Use these and get promoted
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
my words. my mind. my gosh.
try not to enjoy it too much.
Looking for tweets for conflicting.