from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, involving, or determined by competition: competitive games.
- adj. Liking competition or inclined to compete: a highly competitive teammate.
- adj. Biochemistry Relating to the inhibition of enzyme activity that results from the reversible combination of an enzyme with an alternate compound and prevents normal substrate binding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. capable of competing successfully
- adj. of or pertaining to competition
- adj. inclined to compete
- adj. inhibiting the action of an enzyme by binding with it
- adj. cheap, especially used of quality products
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to competition; producing competition; competitory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or involving competition; characterized by or requiring competition; competing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing a fighting disposition
- adj. involving competition or competitiveness
- adj. subscribing to capitalistic competition
Sorry, no etymologies found.