from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined to make trouble; unruly.
- adj. Having a peevish nature; cranky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. given to troublemaking
- adj. irritable; argumentative; quarrelsome
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Apt to break out into a passion; apt to scold; cross; snappish; ugly; unruly
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Apt to quarrel; cross; snappish; peevish; fretful; rebellious: as, a fractious child; a fractious temper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. easily irritated or annoyed
- adj. unpredictably difficult in operation; likely to be troublesome
- adj. stubbornly resistant to authority or control
From fraction, discord (obsolete).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
fraction (“discord, (now obsolete)”) + -ous (Wiktionary)