from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Irritated, impatient, or exasperated; peevish: a testy cab driver; a testy refusal to help.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Easily annoyed, irritable.
- adj. Marked by impatience or ill humor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fretful; peevish; petulant; easily irritated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Irritable; irascible; choleric; cross; petulant.
- Synonyms Pettish, touchy, waspish, snappish, peevish, splenetic, captious, peppery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. easily irritated or annoyed
Alteration of Middle English testif, headstrong, from Old French testu, from teste, head, from Late Latin testa, skull; see teston.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Middle English testif ("headstrong"), from Old French testu, from teste ("head") + -u. Compare modern French tête ("head"), têtu ("stubborn"). (Wiktionary)