American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Nervous or irritable: The performers were edgy as they waited for the show to begin.
- adj. Having a sharp or biting edge: an edgy wit.
- adj. Daring, provocative, or trend-setting: an exhibition of edgy photographs; an edgy menu.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Showing an edge; sharply defined; angular.
- Keen-tempered; irritable: as, an edgy temper.
- Having contours which are too sharply defined: said of a picture.
- adj. nervous, apprehensive
- adj. : creatively challenging; cutting edge; leading edge
- adj. : on the edge between acceptable and offensive; pushing the boundaries of good taste; dodgy
- adj. dated irritable
- adj. art Having some of the forms, such as drapery or the like, too sharply defined.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Easily irritated; sharp.
- adj. (Fine Arts) Having some of the forms, such as drapery or the like, too sharply defined.
- adj. being in a tense state
- edge + -y (Wiktionary)
“As a twenty-three-year-old woman living in New York City, I will assign myself the role of ambassador of my generation and attempt to respond to your article discussing the word edgy.”
“He said it rather crossly, for his nerves were what he called edgy, and the girl still irritated him.”
“There is enough out there that is what they call edgy and quite hard-hitting and modern and fashionable.”
“Anyway, today’s terminology of the word edgy has become a bit extreme.”
“As I have stated before, we´ve always lived in edgy places and always will do so until it´s over. jajajajaja”
“As I have stated before, we´ve always lived in edgy places and always will do so until it´s over.”
“The thing about living in edgy´places is that one is in no particular danger from the social ferment unless one is engaged in that ferment on one side or the other.”
“I've never used the word edgy to describe ABC Family, and I can't see it bringing the likes of Kat's black panties or her classic, eye-roll-equipped line "I want you, I need you, oh baby oh baby" to the network.”
“I found the desert "edgy" - especially during the unsettling winter rainstorms.”
“On it, she ditches piano chords for gritty guitar riffs and delivers a darker, groove-based sound that King describes as "edgy" -”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘edgy’.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
gonk, nerking, guap, gimp, fabulous, dabble, fabilicious, tragic, zooted, hey, cheekini, nugget and 457 more...
List of adjectival terms, from aggressive to zippered, paired in printed materials with the adverb coruscatingly, identified by a simple query to Google Search (Books).
The qualities of The Diva. Social skills, playful yet bitchy.
words that describe me or that i am focusing on.
( personal list )
words to be considered for a magazine name, or words for inspiration for the magazine
I love words that start with E. They are usually quite descriptive.
Cliches I have known . . .
Looking for tweets for edgy.