American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Relating to or suffering from claustrophobia.
- adj. Uncomfortably closed or hemmed in.
- adj. Usage Problem Tending to induce claustrophobia; uncomfortably confined or crowded: a claustrophobic little room.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affected by claustrophobia.
- adj. psychology Suffering from claustrophobia; being scared of being enclosed in a confined space.
- adj. Cramped and confined, so as to induce claustrophobia.
- n. Someone with claustrophobia
- adj. uncomfortably closed or hemmed in
- adj. suffering from claustrophobia; abnormally afraid of closed-in places
- claustrophobia + -ic (Wiktionary)
“The 1950s will never seem the same again - claustrophobic, dark, deep, but oh so polite dahling, anyone for tennis?”
“Back then we dubbed their claustrophobic, brooding sound "Nightmare Pop", and with good reason.”
“Described as a "claustrophobic thriller", it is the first collaboration between the British Film Institute and the studios, which plan to invest in a few homegrown independent films each year.”
“Rather than worshipfully recalling the claustrophobic, kitchen-sink realism of the 1973”
“Tammy, I get the same effect, it's a kind of claustrophobic thing, like don't put me in a room alone with it!”
“I feel kind of claustrophobic there, like I can't move for clutter.”
“I’m claustrophobic, which is rational, because we NEED oxygen and space to live.”
“It was extremely comfortable and there was plenty of room, preventing the kind of claustrophobic atmosphere that can sometimes develop in more cramped settings.”
“Last year Miley announced she would only have one more season of Hannah Montana, saying she felt "claustrophobic" because she has "grown out of" the role.”
“She remembers him going out on the ice with Antony Gormley, looking adventurous, and she had no idea he was going to write about the trip in this way (ie ripping the piss out of it) - but her own memory of being forced together in the wild is that it was "claustrophobic", which does sound like the scenes in Solar.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘claustrophobic’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words that I used to know.
Looking for tweets for claustrophobic.